Time to get our CHIC Street Style Fashion on with todays international MOLLMAG SOUTH AFRICA and MOLLMAGAZINE Photography talent Michael Moore Photography from San Francisco – USA, as Union Square is transformed into a chic STREET STYLE Fashion runway along the upscale boutiques, gift shops, art galleries, and beauty salons as we focus in on what STYLES ” SAN FRAN” has to offer and showcase.
Welcome Michael Moore Photography
- Tell us who the master mind behind the lens of Michael Moore is and where did your passion for photography all start ?
I’ve been doing photography since high school, but having a darkroom is difficult when you’re renting, so until digital came about it dwindled a bit. Then in 2002 I picked it up again with my first digital camera. Since then it’s been more and more of a consuming passion.
- As we see in this set of shoots you did for us where did the inspiration for this STREET FASHION come from for you and is this your favorite genre to do in photography ?
I have to give credit to our photography producer, Daniel Bean, for the inspiration for the shoot. I have done street fashion shooting for a couple of magazines, but Daniel had the idea to do an editorial as if shot by a papparazzo. I love photographing in the street, but also doing fashion shows, and beauty and portrait styles.
- What Camera do you use and shoot with on location or in studio and whats your preferable lens choices as well ?
Currently I shoot mostly with my Leica M-P and 50mm Summilux. I also have a 75mm Summicron, and when street shooting prefer the 35mm Summilux. For longer shots I have a Canon 5D MkIII with a 70-200 f/2.8 lens.
- In your own words tell us what is the hardest thing for you as a photographer in this industry you find yourself in ?
It’s always the logistics that are a challenge! That’s why having a great producer like Daniel is such a help.
- PHOTO SHOOT in STUDIO or on LOCATION whats your favorite choice and why ?
I shoot both studio and location. In the studio there is full control, and you can do more creative and dramatic things, but on location it’s like a game or puzzle to find the best light and location – it’s a challenge I enjoy thoroughly.
- From whom and where did you find out about us to get your work published today with us ?
Again, I have to give credit to Daniel for thinking of Moll Magazine USA and Moll Magazine South Africa for the submission. Until he mentioned it to me I was unaware of your publication (there are so many outlets!) but once I saw your site I knew it would be a great fit.
- Who inspires you in the Photography industry ?
I love the work of Avedon, Herb Ritts and Helmut Newton.
- Describe to us your dream destination for that dream photo shoot one day you want to capture with your photography one day ?
I actually had the chance to go to my dream location this past February – I did a photo workshop in Cuba. My only regret is that I didn’t have a model, MUA and wardrobe stylist with me to shoot in the amazing locations I found there!
- The Saying goes Photographers speaks to the world with their photo image captions behind the lens , What is the most valuable advice you can give us today for young up coming photographers out there today ?
Cartier-Bresson said, “Your first 10,000 images are your worst.” but in the digital world you can hit that number in a couple of days, so I’d go with the 10,000 hour rule. There’s really no substitute for just shooting at every opportunity you can. And then be a ruthless editor of your own work. If you can find someone who’s an art director to look at your work jump at the chance – you’ll learn a lot.
- Whats your motto you stick by and live by as a photographer ?
” Be honest and respectful of others. That’s my rule for life, not just as a photographer. ”
- Whats your take on BLACK & WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY compare to color medium photography ?
I love both kinds of images – black and white feels timeless and really emphasizes the graphic elements in a scene. It can be an effective tool to focus the viewer’s attention. Color can be more distracting, but when the color is good it adds a whole other dimension and level of emotion.
- What do you love to do other than photography ?
I love to ride motorcycles!
- Give us a sneak peek into your latest and newest project you are busy with at the moment ?
I’m planning a big bridal wear shoot out in a remote part of Northern California, which is kind of funny since I don’t shoot weddings.
- Where can clients and fans get hold of you to book you to work with you on SOCIAL MEDIA ?
Direct messages on Instagram, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org works great.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
MICHAEL MOORE PHOTOGRAPHY
INSTAGRAM – https://www.instagram.com/mbmoore/
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/mbmoorephotography/
WEBSITE – http://mbmoorephoto.com
TWITTER – https://twitter.com/mbmoore
MODEL Photographed : Reign Diamond
MAKEUP done by :
Hair done by :
Photography Location at :
Union Square , USA , San Francisco
SPECIAL THANKS TO PHOTOGRAPHY ART Producer:
Article Written and Edits done by : Arne Schreuder