Love is in the air as we celebrate Valentines Month February 2018 in the company of a V-DAY date night Valentines Special feature with MOLLMAG SOUTH AFRICA MOLLBABE Simone De Jager and Kim van Zyl Photography as our CEO Arne Schreuder joins in the V-DAY fun in Cape Town South Africa today.
Very Warm Welcome to you Simone ,
1. Give us a glimpse on who you are and where you reside from in SOUTH AFRICA Simone ?
I’m Simone de Jager from Athlone, Cape Town. I’m 26 and I’m a full-time model and photographer.
2. Modeling where and when did the passion start as a hobby or career for you ?
It was back in November 2009. My cousin, Rene Morrison, a lecturer at Design Academy of Fashion (DAF) asked me if I would be interested in doing a paid runway show for her students. The experience was amazing and I fell in love with modeling. For most of the years, it was a hobby as I got rejected by so many agencies. In October 2017 I decide to go full-time, unsigned. I decided I would build my name and business as an independent model.
3. Congrats on being one of our chosen local and international MOLLBABE models for our special Valentines feature today , how does this feeling feel right now ?
It’s an amazing feeling to finally get such great exposure. Especially after all the hard work and not giving up, I finally made it. I am really grateful to MOLL Magazine USA and MOLL Magazine South Africa for this opportunity, thank you.
4. How did this amazing concept and Idea start with you , our CEO Arne Schreuder and Photographer Kim van Zyl ?
When I applied to be featured, Arne suggested a Valentine’s Day theme. I then got Kim on board and we started with putting some ideas together me , Arne and Kim together…. Shopping for the props proved to be more challenging than expected, but we got what we needed. We shot at this lovely location called, Little Westerford Guest House, based in Newlands, Cape Town.
5. As its Valentines month and the month of love this February , what is it that makes it so so special and unique for you ?
To be honest, I just love watching romantic comedies and eating chocolate.
6. What would you say is the most amazing Valentines gift you ever received or given someone thus far ?
Roses, lol. I’ve rarely received gifts so I never really banked on getting much on Valentine’s Day aka V-DAY
7. Favorite Valentines movie of all time and why ?
Bride and Prejudice, besides the Bollywood element, which I love, I’m a hopeless romantic and I believe love can overcome all.
8. As you’ve worked with so many photographers back in the day whom would you say is your favorite photographer you did a photo shoot with that inspires you the most in the professional work he or she done with you thus far ?
Photographer Randall Spruit from Shieldwolf photos. I started shooting with him back in 2012 and I learned so much from him, including my photography obsession.
9. You recently performed in the Music VIDEO by Music Artist AKA Kaydex featuring Krizbeatz performing the song ” Wine 4 Me ” , tell us a bit more of that unforgettable experience for you ?
It was amazing working with them, I felt honored and I would definitely work with them again.
10. Give us the meaning behind the tattoos you have on your body and give us a #sneakpeek where your tattoos are located wink wink ?
So far, I only have one tattoo, on my right shoulder blade. It’s the Serenity prayer. After being rejected 3 times by the Miss SA pageant, I decided to get a tattoo and move on.
11. What’s your most relaxing way to relax on weekends with your girlfriends squad , and how would you and the ladies prefer to enjoy a night out in the beautiful Cape Town ?
Back in the day we loved going to the Nightclub called ” The Living Room”. But these days we rather go to the cinema, eat sushi or just relax and have some drinks at my place.
12. Other than Modeling what other occupation do you practice in ?
Photography and fashion stylist. I was also a Visual Merchandiser at Calvin Klein and River Island.
13. Any hidden talents please share with us ?
Like most South African ladies ….. I cook and bake. I love to experiment in the kitchen and I can cook almost anything. I make a mean mac and cheese.
14. Favorite food dish and sweet Valentines treat ?
Thai food or a Gatsby. Peaches and cream. I love food period.
15. What’s next on your modeling agenda what do you want to achieve ?
In a few months, I’m heading to New York , USA to grow myself as a model. I would really like to go for the Victoria Secret castings and to learn from the experience.
FOR MORE ON MOLLBABE SIMONE DE JAGER AND HER MODELING JOURNEY #follow her on social media at :
PHOTOGRAPHY BY and a Big thank you to : KIM VAN ZYL PHOTOGRAPHY
ARTICLE INTERVIEW EDITS and VALENTINES SPECIAL FEATURE MOLLBABE CREATIVE DESIGN BY: