Today we have a man candy treat for our lady followers and fan base as MOLLMAG SOUTH AFRICA once again presents its MAN OF STYLE SERIES, this time its mens wear street fashion from Cape Town South Africa as our CEO Arne Schreuder has a 1on1 exclusive interview with @JP_Photography on what the future holds for MENSWEAR Street Fashion Photography.
WELCOME BACK @JP_Photography
1. JP tell us what have you been up to since your last feature with us ?
- Good Day everyone I am glad to be back,Ive recently traveled to Paris France for a few weeks, been busy with my MBA and also managed to do some wedding and boudoir shoots as well.
2. What is it about Menswear photography that is so fascinating for you as a photographer ?
- These male models reminds us of our younger days when we had six pack lol. There is limited exposure to menswear and it is always refreshing to see something different.
3. In your opinion how do male models differ from female models ? Is there a big market for them out there or do you believe the industry is different towards male models compared to female models ?
- Female model photography and Male model photography differ vastly in the demand of it.It is difficult for men to differentiate their styles, unlike with females. there will always be a higher demand for women.
“The uniqueness of females are their curves which they can accentuate better than men. Males on the other hand concentrate on their physique more to stand out.”
4. When it comes to your choices and photography setups, when you do a photo shoot with men,would you say mens fashion photography is a genre you would love to do for the future ?
- Well to be honest,Male modeling are scarce and I mainly shoot Mens Fashion on request or demand….. Actually I would love to do more of it.
“Just wish there were more demand for it here in South Africa because back in Europe its a big thing Male modeling.”
5. In your own words describe to us …….what is the essence of men’s style ?
- Male Model photography reminds us of the traditional masculinity we were exposed to in the movies like movie stars Sean Connery, Arnold Schwarzenegger , Brad Pitt, Bruce Willis, Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, Sylvester Stalone, Denzel Washington , Tom Cruise, Samuel L Jackson, Hugh Jackman, Harrison Ford and George Clooney…..just to name a few……Yet,it defines their true character and demonstrates who they really are.
6. Give us a sneak peek into your next photography project ?
I just recently finished a birthday shoot done with MOLLMAG SOUTH AFRICA MOLLBABE MODEL Simone Shannon Smith and CEO Arne Schreuder.
And I have something up my sleeves from my trip from Paris exclusive for MOLLMAG SOUTH AFRICA’s next upcoming SEPTEMBER edition so keep your eyes open watch this space something really exciting…..
For more of @JP_PHOTOGRAPHY works and photo shoots connect and follow on social media at :